Smaller, lighter, with 100% more finger choil! The Civivi Baby Banter is the kid sister to the Original WE Banter with less chunk, more finesse, and that utilitarian vibe that the masses love.
The Baby Banter is a small pocket knife designed for every day carry. The pivot mechanism runs on caged ceramic bearings for silky smooth opening, and the handle is a perfectly textured Goldilocks G10-- not too rough, not too smooth.
Plus, Southpaws rejoice! The deep carry pocket clip has recessed screws, and it's two way reversible for right or left handed, tip up carry. The thumb stud is titanium and ambidextrous.
The goal with this design was to build a knife that is at home in any pocket. For instance, women's pockets are obscenely small. The Baby Banter fits. Or toss it in the coin pocket (5th pocket) of your jeans. It's the type of knife that doesn't scare coworkers-- no one will remotely mistake it for an aggressive tool. Plus, at a 2.4" blade it's below the legal limit for EDC in Chicago and Boston. (Check your local laws. This is not legal advice. We won't bail you out of the county jail.)
Our WIUG Edition Banter includes the following:
- Baby Banter Tear Down Shop Mat
- Lifesize air freshener in the same shape and size as the Baby Banter. Coconut flavor, baby!
- WIUG Sticker
- Option to have Ben engrave it with his signature. Please add a checkout note if you'd like your knife signed.
- Signed = you want Ben to pull the knife out of the package and permanently tattoo the back of the blade with his signature via a metal engraver.
- Unsigned = you don't want Ben's grubbies on your brand new knife, and you want to be first to break the seal on the box. This is the default setting.
|Blade Length:||2.4" (61 mm)|
|Overall Length:||5.5" (139.7 mm)|
|Closed Length:||3.1" (78.7 mm)|
|Weight:||1.99 oz (56.48g)|
|Blade Steel:||Nitro V (59 - 61 HRC)|
|Blade Shape:||Drop point|
|Lock Type:||Liner Lock|
|Pocket Clip:||deep carry, right/left hand, tip up, stainless steel|
Precision made in Yangjiang, China
Other notes: blade spine is 90 degrees for using as a ferro rod striker. WIUG means Whatttt iiiiiiiisssss Up Guys-- Ben's tagline in videos, and his maker's mark. The lanyard hole is large-ish. The black blade versions are DLC coated and stonewashed.
If you'd like to save a few bucks or find free shipping out there, feel free to shop the other dealers that carry the knife. They're all fantastic, and Ben receives a royalty for every knife sold anywhere-- so, you're still supporting the Ben biz, which is super cool of you. You can learn more about the Baby Banter Design Process here.