Pre-order now closed.
The Mars Kitty Banter: Beautiful. Functional. Utterly Ridiculous.
We teamed up with the incredibly talented Colorfulfilth to create this Limited Edition Mars Kitty Banter Scale set as the 2nd round of our Space Kitty Knife series. It's inspired by Mars and the goal to put a man, woman, child, and kitty cat on the Red Planet.
Why a Mars space kitty? The same reason NASA keeps sending rockets and rovers to Mars: because it's there. It calls to us. There's an absurdity and challenge to the thing that inspires us. Mars is pretty epic. Add cats? Mind blown.
Here are the details:
- Paying the $45 for these scales is a full-price pre-order. That means you're paying the money now, we make the scales for you, then we ship them to you in about 6 weeks (plan on mid-August). Patience will be part of the game.
- These Mars Space Kitty scales fit any of the WE Banter knives in G10.
- They're the scales ONLY. No knife included.
- You will void your manufacturer warranty by using these scales. WE's warranty explicitly states, "Disassembly or modification of the knife will void the warranty." In using these scales, you will both disassemble and modify your knife. Neither WE nor Knafs will be responsible if you ruin your knife. It's like that math test you may or may not have studied for back in high school-- you are solely responsible for the grade. If this type of responsibility is scary, these scales probably aren't for you.
- Precision made in Yangjiang, China by an incredibly talented group of knifemakers.
- Laser engraved in Nashville, TN by an equally talented group of laser wizards at Amplify EDC.
- A Knafs exclusive limited run product.
For easy disassembly and assembly of your WE Banter (or any of your other knafs) check out our iFixit Torx tool kit with Wiha bits. We searched high and low for the best driver and bits and feel like we found the perfect combo with this kit.
Lastly, a real conversation with my dad, documented here for safe keeping:
Dad: What are you working on for your business?
Me: *Pulls out Mars Kitty Banter* Just this new little knife with kitties on it.
Dad: *Examines knife, laughs* Ben, you're a grown man. Why do you do this stuff?