Job Description

$50-60K salary, depending on experience and skill set. Full-time. On-site.

The Company

Knafs is a goofy little company that makes interesting pocket knife schtuff. We're family owned and operated, and we’re launching this wild rocket to glory. We’re a small operation, and everyone does a little bit of everything. There's a healthy dose of "let's figure this thing out together" in our business that requires problem solving and cerebral engagement. We sell our products on, Amazon, and to 30 dealers across the world. 

The Job

Knafs needs a creator. An entertainer. An educator who loves teaching our customers about pocket knives. The ideal candidate gets tingly toes from view counts and comments, and is always refining their craft through feedback and collaboration. If your party trick is reciting the YouTube terms of service you’re in the right place.



Essential Skillz

  • Kind: must know how to make peoples’ day on the internet and in person. This might be a hearty handshake in the shop, an encouraging word to the team, a sweaty hug at a trade show, or a quick DM on socials to a stoked follower.
  • Smart: talented at making wise marketing plans with data, executing the plans, reporting on the results, then iterating to improve.
  • Scrappy: must understand how to build audiences, earn media, and generate buzz without paid ads. Organic marketing is our lifeblood, and dang it, we’re not half-bad at it.
  • Dependable: 90% of success is just showing up. But the other 10% is making magic happen e’ry day. Consistent marketing wizardry required. 
  • Goofy: Look. I don’t know how to tell you what qualifies a job candidate with the skill of “goofy.” But one time I wrote a poem about a knife screw and posted it on a product detail page. And I’m currently writing a job description in the first person. We march to the beat of a drummer that meandered away from the band years ago and is now using their drum as an inner tube to float deep into uncharted waters. Yeehaw!
  • Humble: we’re a small operation. We all sweep the floors and clean the bathrooms. Ain’t nobody got time for ego.  

Additional Skillz, Written Now in a More Corporate Voice:

  • Media production: Create video, photo, design, and other assets to be used across all Knafs channels and partnerships.
  • Social Media: content creation, witty banter, and community bonfire building on IG, YT, FB, and Reddit.
  • Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere editing and design.
  • E-commerce experience: SEO, content management, image stack creation.
  • Relationships: Establish and maintain relationships with external partners, such as advertising agencies, media outlets, and industry influencers and affiliates: know their names, birthdays, favorite knife handle materials, and preference for Texas or Carolina BBQ.
  • Trade Shows: help prep and exhibit our fine wares at trade shows. Manage the media frenzy and sleepless nights that tend to accompany these types of events.
  • Google Analytics: understand how to make, measure, and decide via data.
  • Knives: Must know pocket knives or be committed to becoming a fast expert.


Degree in communications, marketing, or advertising preferred. We’ll even take washed up broadcast and film majors with the right skillz. Degrees from the school of hard knocks are also perfectly acceptable. 

2+ years of experience required


This is an on-site position in Clearfield, Utah. Neil Armstrong didn’t walk on the Moon remotely. Boots on the ground means physically present to handle knives, ship to influencers, talk shop, glean insights, and make it happen.

Are we asking for a lot here for a specialist position? Yes. Yes, we are. Do you have to have all the skills and qualifications to apply? Nope. If you’ve got a few solid skillz and you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to teach. 

Travel: We exhibit at industry trade shows, so there will likely be an occasional travel expectation– 2-3 times yearly. 

Additional Information:

  • We don’t offer health or 401K benefits… yet. It’s on our list of goals as a business, but we’re not quite there yet.
  • 9 Paid holidays
  • 12 days of accrued PTO yearly
  • Employee discounts on everything we make.
  • Education: we believe in teaching and learning. Sure, we need a job done. But we love to help our people understand the end-to-end process and how they fit into what we’re doing here.  
  • Growth: Knafs is on a wild growth pattern right now. We’re seeing cool things happen, and we need people who are willing to grow with us. We can’t promise you the moon, but that’s where we’re headed.